Aloha! I am a Marriage and Family Therapist and have helped individuals and couples make their lives better for more than 25 years. I am proud to be one of two Certified Daring Way Facilitators (CDWF) in Hawaii and I achieved that by training and mentoring with Brené Brown’s exceptional team. My mission is to equip as many people as possible with the tools to create a happy and fulfilling life.
Here’s some of the professional info you might want to know:
Masters in Counseling – Chapman University
Bachelors in Psychology – University of Colorado, Boulder
I am a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in the state of Hawaii (#60) and have been working in the field for more than 25 years.
Certified Daring Way FacilitatorTM (CDWF)
The Daring WayTM is a higly experiential methodology based on the research of Dr. Brené Brown. For more information go to www.thedaringway.com or www.brenebrown.com
I offer The Daring Way™ and Rising Strong™ groups, along with a variety of workshops. Check out the current schedule.
Professional Activities and Memberships
- Clinical Member of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT)
- Former board member of AAMFT-HI
- Active member of The Daring Way™ professional community
The More Personal Side:
- I love to write and you can see what I have to say on a lot of different topics at my blog
- My husband and I have been together since 1998 and still like to hang around each other a lot
- I read voraciously (my husband calls me a velociraptor of information) and there’s almost nothing I like better than to curl up with a good book
- I love to travel and periodically I work on becoming proficient at photography and Italian
- I’m a grandma!