Setting and Holding Great Boundaries
We train other people how to treat us. If you act like a doormat – saying yes when you mean no, working hard to please others, or not speaking up when you have an opinion – then that’s how people learn to treat you. But doormats turn into volcanoes eventually, because they’ve been letting it go and holding it in, until it all blows in a fit of resentment and anger. Setting boundaries – what is OK and not OK – is a strength and actually helps others to trust you more and take you seriously. Setting and holding great boundaries are what makes great relationships.
In this workshop you will learn:
- How your relationships will get better when you create good boundaries
- How boundaries relate to the Drama Triangle
- How to hold your boundaries when others try to ignore them
- The magic bullet that will help you set good boundaries
This workshop is for you if:
- You feel like a doormat
- You say yes when you mean no
- You struggle with other people taking your concerns seriously
- You worry about what others think all the time
Where: Mindful Matters — 407 Uluniu #412 Kailua, HI
Presented by: Catherine Bruns, MFT, CDWF. Catherine is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and has helped individuals and couples make their lives better for more than 25 years. Catherine is one of two Certified Daring Way Facilitators (CDWF) in Hawaii and achieved that by training and mentoring with Brené Brown’s exceptional team. Catherine’s mission is to equip as many people as possible with the tools to create a happy and fulfilling life. She has a private practice in Kailua and offers groups, intensives, and workshops regularly.